TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

SAD to leave my Class of Kids for a new job - need advice

Last post 07-18-2016, 5:11 PM by sproutlings. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-12-2007, 10:03 PM 1421

SAD to leave my Class of Kids for a new job - need advice

I just graduated from college last year and took on a job as a preschool teacher...i thought it would only be a transistion job while a better paying job would fall into place for me.  Well eight months later I am still with my same kids, sharing laughs and memories and boo boos and owies. I had completely fallen in love with them and had given up many job offers to stay with them.  However, I got offered another ob working with preschoolers but with better hours and more incentives - i knew my kids were moving up soon so it would be a perfect switch.  However, i cant stop crying.  I think about my 2-3 year olds crying when I told them I wouldnt be back anymore except to visit.  I really honestly have been crying non-stop and cant seem to get ahold of myself.  Maybe its because Im not a mom or Im super sensitive to begin with - but if anyone has any advice to give it would really help.  I just keep picturing the tears in their eyes and holding on for dear life as I walk out the door.  Many of my parents were upset as well to hear I was leaving - but I assure them I will be back to visit.  I just cant sleep and cant stop weeping. 

Need help.

•  04-13-2007, 10:22 PM 1424 in reply to 1421

Re: SAD to leave my Class of Kids for a new job - need advice

I know it is very hard to leave this age group.  If it is any help, kids this age do bounce back easier than we think they will.  When my oldest child was two, I had surgery and had to be away from her for almost two weeks.  I was devastated.  She bonded with a wonderful caregiver and actually seemed to prefer her during my recovery period.  This was hard on me but better for her.  Hang in there.  It will get better.
    Learning continues to be fun and keeps us young.
  •  07-18-2016, 5:11 PM 898840 in reply to 1421

Re: SAD to leave my Class of Kids for a new job - need advice

I found out about this preschool at http://www.sproutlings.org. I know Elizabeth is a teacher who genuinely cares about each child she teaches and that makes sense since she has a Master's degree in therapy. The location is wonderful for me since I work at Utah Valley University in Orem. Sproutlings Preschool is the only full-time preschool I know of that goes from 9-5, Monday through Friday, so I can work a full time job. To top it all off, this Sproutlings Preschool teaches more than just counting numbers and spelling letters (although Elizabeth does a wonderful job of teaching children these skills) she also teaches children about so many different things they wouldn't get taught anywhere else, like yoga, baking, gardening and many other useful skills and knowledge. This is a high quality education that would cost twice as much anywhere else in the country.
View as RSS news feed in XML