TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

New teacher needs advice

Last post 07-09-2018, 3:39 AM by wingsio. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2011, 11:06 AM 500762

New teacher needs advice

Hi, all

I just completed my first year of teaching (internship). For this coming school year, I want to apply for an elementary school position.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on how to make sure that my resume and other relevant documents are seen by  the people who make teacher hiring decisions.

Does anyone have some tips that might, in a crowded, competitive field,  increase my chances of having my credentials reviewed by school decision-makers?

Thanks so much & Good luck to everyone!  B
  •  06-23-2011, 8:23 PM 503872 in reply to 500762

Re: New teacher needs advice

•  10-29-2015, 5:59 AM 883893 in reply to 500762

Use more of why and when while teaching. Asking your students why, when and how, helps them to go deeper into the subject matter and also stretches their learning ability. If your students have any doubts, clarify them and then go ahead with teaching. Do not insult a student if he comes up with doubts. This can create a personal grudge inside his mind which will eventually affect his studies. As the adage goes “Give Respect and take Respect”, treat your students with respect and they will respond to you accordingly.

custom essay writing service reference
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
  •  01-28-2016, 4:43 AM 892219 in reply to 500762

Being a new teacher can be stressful. College professors teach text book theory. But when you step into a real live classroom of your own all of that goes out of the window. Well I found a book that is easy to read and right to the point. pay someone to do my homework
  •  05-09-2016, 9:46 AM 897302 in reply to 500762

I have one tip that I am sure going to help you fair bit and that’s this Best-Selling book Walks of Life, it changed my life as a coach (teacher), it showed me things that I never previously was interested or valued, but now I know everything can make a difference and now I am making big difference in others life!

•  06-25-2018, 10:44 AM 909173 in reply to 500762

Hello!
    You have just finished your studies. It’s a perfect time to get yourself enrolled to the next step of your academic journey, isn’t it? The first step is a personal statement. A lot of questions are raised there: What to include in the personal statement? How to keep things both formal and easy-going? How to format the paper?
    The answers you can find here.
  •  07-09-2018, 3:39 AM 909353 in reply to 909173

question or more
View as RSS news feed in XML