TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Too cool for you teacher

Last post 07-31-2018, 5:09 AM by lindatovar. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-06-2008, 10:28 PM 90040

Too cool for you teacher

Why is it there always has to be one kid (if not more) that sits in your room, rolls their eyes at anything you say and when you do call on them they look at you like your a freakin idiot.  Oh yes, I forgot.  They know it all.

It's those kids I just wanna pick up and smack.  Or be their parent.  Just to say, "Little girl, you've got a lot to learn.  If you don't like someone then fine, you act appropriately and let it be."  But no...here goes the game of trying to get her to understand that I can contribute to her present day knowlege level w/o being a pompous ass.  I am not here to get her to like me; rather to open up and realize that we can learn from everyone, even those we don't want to let inside. 

I'm sure she'll soften as the days goes on, but even in the beginning it's like, "Am I really back already????"  As I shake my head in turmoil I know that I still have one more day off!  

Happy,

Teri C

~*~*~*~*
    They call
    me Mrs. C
  •  09-07-2008, 9:00 PM 90215 in reply to 90040

Re: Too cool for you teacher

I know what you mean.  There's usually at least one per class like that.   One class I had was completely intimidated by a popular boy in the room.  It was like pulling teeth to even get them to respond to questions.  They were all afraid they wouldn't look cool.
    Learning continues to be fun and keeps us young.
  •  10-27-2016, 1:56 AM 900340 in reply to 90040

I completely agree with you on that. What is the most important is that such children come to school, do not listen to what you are saying, do not make notes and as  a result when it comes to ask them to answer my questions they just look at me with an angel sight out of words. The other thing that depresses me a s  a teacher, they try to cheat on me having their homework done at writing service. Can you imagine that?
  •  06-29-2017, 3:25 AM 904329 in reply to 900340

Totally agree!
    protect javascript code games, 192.168.0.1 IP adress
  •  09-01-2017, 2:55 AM 905242 in reply to 90040

Recently I have gone through your site and seen the information that you have shred here. It’s seems to be very interesting and different. Thank you so much for sharing this and keep continuing to share more. 3D Eye Mask for Sleeping
  •  06-15-2018, 4:47 AM 909035 in reply to 90040

Disclaimed, did not determine context. I'm guess it for some numbers, thank for lesson lesson! bloxorz
  •  07-27-2018, 6:21 AM 909642 in reply to 90040

great
  •  07-31-2018, 5:09 AM 909703 in reply to 90040

-I really like it Thanks for sharing with us  novel updates
    twitch
    tik tok video
View as RSS news feed in XML