TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Fundraising idea used at my Son's school

Last post 02-02-2015, 1:36 AM by Arthur. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-22-2009, 2:16 AM 218346

Fundraising idea used at my Son's school

This was really my husband's idea, but I am sharing. My husband Steven started The Earth Wire, an environmental newsletter geared to busy parents and kids (or anyone who cares to take action on environmental issues). TheEarthWire.com is giving $10 per subscription to the school for each membership sold through the Earth Day activities, plus providing environmental activities and an essay contest. The PTA at our school (Terra Vista) is really excited. Is this something that other PTA's would be interested in? One reason they like it so much is that it generates a large % of sales as a donation. I guess other fundraisers only give a few cents per item. Please share your feedback and ideas. The site is TheEarthWire.com for more information. Thanks, Julia

•  04-22-2009, 3:18 PM 218514 in reply to 218346

Re: Fundraising idea used at my Son's school

That sounds like a really great idea!  If you have more details, I'd love to post about the opportunity on our site's "Go Green" page.

http://www.studenthandouts.com/gogreen.htm

100% Free Teaching Materials Online - No Sign-Up Needed - Visit: Student Handouts
  •  04-25-2009, 9:54 AM 219454 in reply to 218346

I have spent the last thirty years listening to parent, administrators, and politicians lament over how poorly I was paid and how I had to spend from my own. mostly empty pockets, for materials.  I haven't seem any change, but I sure hear the moans.

Meanwhile we have become a nation of all to many Jay-walkers.  We let politicians get away with talk about "Bad Teachers," stat rigged High stakes testing, and idiot federal and state programs de sighed to gain the vote of the mob.

By all means fund raise. It will make you feel so much better, but do not think for a minute it is helping to educate any kid anywhere.

There are "NO" bad kids.

If the student fails to learn, the teacher failed to teach.
  •  05-27-2009, 10:36 PM 231613 in reply to 218346

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}

I agree with Gym334 that fund raised in such manners are not used to for the real cause. Most contributors are concerned only till very primary stage of contribution. I would suggest to keep the money with you and spend the amount in paying the fees or scholarships to needy students directly.

statistics homework help

•  02-02-2015, 1:36 AM 875314 in reply to 231613

Our professionals thoroughly understand the demands of the candidate for certification exams. Thus the material in our guides is exam-oriented, keeping in view the candidates requirements and level of understanding. It has no lengthy details and theoretical explanations.
    braindumps
View as RSS news feed in XML