TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Pen Pals

Last post 09-06-2018, 8:47 AM by RobertFishman. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2009, 5:29 PM 267064

Pen Pals

Hi all! I am a Third Grade teacher and am teaching friendly letters soon. I would really love to find some classes that my students could write to. I have 3 classes (2 with 20 students, 1 with 21 students) and would like to have enough students for each of my students to have their own pen pal. I was hoping this could be an ongoing activity throughout the year. Let me know if you are willing to have your class be pen pals with mine. Or if you have any suggestions. Thank you for your help.
  •  09-01-2010, 5:52 AM 355747 in reply to 267064

Re: Pen Pals

Pen Pals hooks you up with a complete stranger from another part of the world (more than likely you’ll be paired up with someone from the USA) so you can converse awkwardly about life in your part of the world.
    printed pencils
  •  11-07-2010, 12:07 PM 375518 in reply to 267064

Great idea---I don't teach writing but when I did we had some GREAT pen pals.  :)
  •  11-07-2010, 1:03 PM 375529 in reply to 267064

Now, THAT is a great idea! I'm actually surprised that I didn't think of having my students write pen pals to other kids before! Not only is a great writing exercise, but these kids can learn how to communicate with other people directly. Learning how to simply WRITE a letter will help them tremendously in the future and these lessons will carry on into their futures. So long as they retain this information, they can land themselves in a great school or land a great job! Not only that, this is a great opportunity for kids to learn about other cultures!!!

Olivia
    Commercial Playground Equipment is the fundamental element of recess! :D
  •  02-15-2011, 2:43 PM 418625 in reply to 267064

I think the idea of Pen Pals has shifted more to the online sphere of communication. Why not E-Mail Pen Pals? There are kids around the world who would be just as interested in this idea, in my opinion.
  •  06-22-2016, 11:42 PM 898482 in reply to 267064

Termite Central Coast

I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people.
    Termite Central Coast

•  09-06-2018, 8:47 AM 910168 in reply to 267064

The pen pal concept is really nice. In australianwritings.net, I got my pen pal and I really like to get the letters. This will be very exciting one for students.
View as RSS news feed in XML