TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Every Teacher should have this book!!!

Last post 12-26-2017, 4:08 AM by velvetrecruit. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2010, 9:10 PM 331423

Every Teacher should have this book!!!

Hello

There is a very good book on Amazon.com called Secrets of Classroom Behavior Management by Mamie Jefferson-Hill

This book is different because it teaches a hands on approach by an experienced teacher, instead of textbook theory. This book will benefit you  because you can learn from an experienced expert.

This book really help me!!!

Sincerely,

Kim Jones

Kim Jones
  •  09-01-2010, 5:32 AM 355743 in reply to 331423

Re: Every Teacher should have this book!!!

Well, Also This book can be a useful tool for parents of children who have a difficult time getting them to bed and staying there. It is filled with helpful tips on things that parents can do to motivate their children to prepare for bedtime. This story also contains rhyming words which will be helpful to elementary school aged children.

printed pencils
  •  09-13-2010, 5:48 PM 358081 in reply to 331423

Hello,

This was an incredible book.  I have been teaching for several years.   This book covers every from behavior to technology.  It explained experiences and situations that we all have had encounted at one time or another.

Awesome book for teachers.

Marialena Winter

Have a great day!
    MW
  •  02-15-2011, 3:41 PM 418635 in reply to 358081

I found this book to be very help as well. It does explain lots of nuances to behavior that are otherwise not apparent to the naked eye. 
  •  03-01-2011, 9:21 AM 430915 in reply to 331423

Thank you for the suggestion!  I will definitely get that book.  I teach first grade and setting up an effective classroom management routine can be difficult and challenging.  The dynamic of the students changes from year to year and strategies that work with one group of students may not always work with another.  This book sounds like is will give me a lot of suggestions.

Thanks again!Big Smile

•  12-12-2017, 11:49 PM 906316 in reply to 331423

Nice book. It is really a must read book to all the teachers who want to learn handling students. When we talk about new generation kids they are super experts and we need to handle classroom by new methods. I have learned many new methods from management blogs and they works in reality. I usually surf web for these management articles on my laptop and explore new ideas. You can also check for laptop brands in the market.

•  12-26-2017, 4:08 AM 906477 in reply to 331423

I've read it and would recommend it... it outlays the basics!
    You can find me online here, social media and also be blogging at VelvetJobs.com
View as RSS news feed in XML