TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Classroom Management tips and parental, teacher student communication

Last post 02-20-2017, 4:24 AM by rodneychavez. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (43 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-22-2011, 12:48 PM 489452

Classroom Management tips and parental, teacher student communication

What are the most effective way to have a classroom managmenet plan in place on the high school level? How can you guarentee the classroom management planimplemented will be both recognized by the students and the parents? Do you think the contract of agreement on the high school level is as effective as it is in the midle school level? Do you think by inviting and doing an open house on the high school level will increase the chances of parental, teacher and student communication?
  •  05-22-2011, 1:35 PM 489470 in reply to 489452

Re: Classroom Management tips and parental, teacher student communication

I think its important to have open houses to give parents that ability to reach out to the teacher if they want.  With that said, there is a significant drop in parental involvement once the student enters high school.  Parents still care, their just not involved as the student is becoming more independent, with more responsibilities.  But don't give up.  There will still be times when you need to communicate with parents and its still important to maintain a positive attitude when you do so. 
  •  05-22-2011, 10:02 PM 489582 in reply to 489452

I do think the classroom contract is a working tool. Many students/parents may not think anything of it, but it is there to refer to when needed.
    Our contact usually states our homework policy, attendance, and classroom rules. It then clearly states the methods of discipline used. it requires all student and parents to sign and leave email address, phone and best type of contact. 
    Ity is simple and usually not used, but best if in place!
  •  05-23-2011, 10:38 AM 489728 in reply to 489452

Students need structure and discipline.  Especially at the highschool level you begin to see students respecting the teachers less and less.  Establishing and maintaining a strict set of rules and standards helps keep students focused and ready to learn while minimizing distractions.  By high school I have found that parents are begining to withdrawl from their students educational process as they progress toward adulthood.  Open houses are wonderful if the parents show up.  Many parents are busy during the week and cannot make them.  Letters are nice to send home to mom and dad but you are either relying on the student to deliver it or spending money to mail letters home.  It certainly is a difficult postion to be in.
  •  04-12-2012, 1:21 AM 646054 in reply to 489728

Hey this is first time i visit here and nice to see all your management tips here,this is all belong to in which school you are studying and which type of studies you got from your school.Thanks for all this inspired allot by your article.

visit our website: http://www.ghostpapers.com
  •  09-22-2013, 9:42 PM 849883 in reply to 489728

I agree with you when you state that high school students need structure and discipline. One of the hardest things for me was establishing discipline in my classroom.  I look young so may students feel that I am one of them and that they can get away with things in my classroom.  After a few bad run-ins and writing up a "sacrificial lamb" in each of my classes, my students now know that I mean business.
  •  12-26-2013, 4:58 AM 857208 in reply to 489452

yes i do think that inviting and doing an open house on the high school level will increase the chances of parental, teacher and student communication 
  •  03-26-2014, 1:11 PM 864893 in reply to 489452

It is really important to maintain classroom. For this first of all you need to create a good communication with your students. Make you class enjoyable to student. If you can do it than it will not be able for you to maintain you classroom.
  •  11-20-2014, 4:40 AM 873625 in reply to 489452

Yes by inviting and doing an open house on the high school level will increase the parental, teacher and student communication. You can make a friendly class room by doing by this. Students will also interest with all these things. You can get some sample article about this information on custom essay writing service, if you go through with this you can get better idea. 

•  03-15-2015, 7:42 AM 876324 in reply to 873625

There a lot of articles and books Classroom Management tips you can find at EK service. If you need any academic help - paperwriting or essay writing with essaykitchen will help you. 
  •  04-27-2015, 9:37 AM 877354 in reply to 489452

I think that the contract of agreement on the high school level will be effective. Also, I think that open house will increase chances for communication between teachers and students. essays planet

•  06-16-2015, 6:35 AM 878420 in reply to 877354

Classroom management is the most important skill for a teacher to have, in my opinion. Why is it so difficult to learn? Does it get easier over time? My first year teaching was a disaster. I had little CM and no one to mentor/help me. I'm planning on going back to teaching next Septemter (sub) and I'm terrified of not being able to control the class. Any ideas/thoughts? 
    can someone do my essay
  •  06-29-2015, 2:04 AM 878674 in reply to 878420

You can create a forthcoming group of students room by responsibility by this. Students i pay someone to do my coursework will also interest with all these things. You can obtain a number of example article concerning this in order on tradition essay writing examine.

•  07-07-2015, 4:10 AM 878814 in reply to 878674

It would help a lot. Any other Info related to this will be appreciated. 
    FilmStarLook Guardian Terminator Genisys Jacket
  •  07-21-2015, 6:10 AM 879100 in reply to 489452

bestaustralianessays

Hey there! Nowadays, it is very difficult for students to find a reliable essay writing partner as lot of companies are claiming to be the best and are providing poor quality essay writing papers. We on our part provide you with the best aussie essay writing help possible through our competent writers. Check it right now.
Page 1 of 3 (43 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML