TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Preschool Students and History - Teachers I Need Your Opinions

Last post 09-07-2011, 12:19 AM by FaithMcC. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2011, 12:19 AM 524448

Preschool Students and History - Teachers I Need Your Opinions

Hello All!
    My name is Faith and I am a currently enrolled in a Master's Program in Museum Education at the University of the Arts. For my master's thesis, I am exploring the topic of preschool programs in history museums. I have been a preschool teacher / assistant for the past five years and I have grown to feel that this group is often underestimated by the museum community and especially the history museums. I have been conducting research to test the viability of a preschool audience at history museum, but designing and implementing a pilot program at Hagley Museum & Library in DE. While the research I have been conducting has had positive results, I also want to gain information on preschoolers, history, and museum programs for preschooler from the teachers themselves. That is why I am contacting you all. I have set up a short survey online with questions that explore the topics I have discussed along with possible ways to create effective programming. I have focused on the areas of play, imagination, and personal context as ways in which to engage preschoolers in history. The questions also reflect this focus. I am hoping to gather surveys from 50 preschool teachers who have taught children ages 3,4, or 5.

The information I gain from your participation in this survey will be invaluable to me and I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me.

The survey is online and I am posting a link to it. If the link does not work simply cut and paste the address to your browser.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6F3SHZT

Thank you so much for you help!!

Faith McCarrick

Candidate for Master's of Museum Education
    University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA
View as RSS news feed in XML