TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

High School Teachers: Need your help! Would be forever grateful!

Last post 08-16-2017, 5:05 AM by vainggooch. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-30-2016, 3:02 PM 898589

High School Teachers: Need your help! Would be forever grateful!

Hello! I am a 37 year old mother of two earning my master's degree in distance education. I am working on my last research paper about the need for online writing centers and workshops for all high school students in the country. I interviewed 15 online writing tutors (at my workplace: UMUC's Effective Writing Center) and I'm interviewing 15 high school teachers, and 15 high school students. The answers will be anonymous. This should take less than five minutes.

I need 10 more teachers and 13 more students to answer my questions and only have about two weeks left before I need to write the methodology section of my paper. Would any of you be willing to answer these and email them to me? michelle.bowman@umuc.edu 

I will paste both sets of questions and if any of you have sons or daughters in high school that could answer the student survey, I'd be so grateful! 

High School Teachers

What kind of courses are you teaching?

What grade level?

What kind of school do you work at? (online, face-to-face, private, public, magnet, charter?)

1. What are the top three essay writing struggles students have?

1. Does your school have a writing center? If so, is it face-to-face or online?

1. Are students offered asynchronous online writing workshops to help with specific writing assignments online by a tutor and if so, please explain.

1. If students are not offered online writing workshops to help with specific writing assignments, is that something you would find beneficial to them? If yes, why?

1. How often do students ask you for help with their writing?

1. How often do students come to you for clarification or understanding about a writing assignment?

1. In your experience, do you notice students experiencing anxiety about writing assignments? If so, how are they handling that?

High School Students

1. What are your top three essay writing struggles?

1. What type of writing support is offered at your school? Please explain.

1. Are you offered writing support online?

1. If you are not offered online writing support by a tutor or online writing workshops, would you find this type of support useful? How so?

1. If you were offered online writing workshops with a writing tutor specifically geared towards an essay assignment you were already working on, would you take advantage of the free help? Why?

1. Do you sometimes find it difficult to ask a teacher for in-person writing help? If so, what is most difficult about it?

1. Do you ever feel confused about writing assignment directions? If so, what are some of the most confusing aspects of the directions given to you?

1. If you had access to 24/7 online help in order to understand writing assignment directions would you take advantage of it? If so, how often?

1. Do you ever experience anxiety about a writing assignment? If so, what do you do to help ease that?
  •  12-20-2016, 1:49 AM 901225 in reply to 898589

Re: High School Teachers: Need your help! Would be forever grateful!

You should search the teachers and students at online and also know the work experience of the teachers. I have read the australian writings reviews to clarify my doubts regarding the essay writing. You can also try this.
  •  03-28-2017, 10:59 AM 902848 in reply to 901225

Students like me wants to write about our experiences. We can tell our stories based on the experiences we had, it may be about our favorite pet or maybe about growing up. And sometimes if we cannot put our ideas into writing, we seek the help of an online essay provider. Currently I'm into PaperDueNow.com rating, and from their past clients' view, they seems legit as an essay provider.
  •  03-30-2017, 8:25 AM 902892 in reply to 898589

I truly welcome the greater part of the instructors who I have met amid my training Uk assignment help they showed me the learning as well as the ethical lessons. Much appreciated them a ton.

•  04-03-2017, 12:59 AM 902960 in reply to 898589

You should search the teachers and students at online and also know the work experience of the teachers. I have read the australian writings reviews to clarify my doubts regarding the write my essay. You can also try this.
  •  05-03-2017, 3:32 AM 903526 in reply to 898589

You ought to look the teachers and students at on the web and furthermore know the work understanding of the teachers. I have perused the papers writing to clear up my questions with respect to the coursework writing service. You can likewise attempt this.
  •  05-30-2017, 2:56 AM 904000 in reply to 903526

If we ask the students to name the subject that frightens them the most, the obvious answer we will get is mathematics. Often referred to as Maths or simply Math, mathematics is one of the most challenging as well as interesting subjects. According to themath homework help experts, in the branch of science, math is a compulsory discipline that every college student must pursue. The students of math are often assigned practical tasks as their homework. This homework requires comprehensive effort from the students that test their knowledge, understanding and the ability to solve complex math’s problems. To provide professional assistance to these students, MyAssignmenthelp.com has brought math homework help. This online math homework help is competent to provide assistance to the students who feel helpless with their math homework.

•  07-05-2017, 6:15 AM 904405 in reply to 902892

Math is the kind of subject I hate most. I love having papers and practice sessions to do.

http://www.chennaipublicschool.com/
  •  07-06-2017, 1:48 AM 904414 in reply to 898589

If we ask the students to name the subject that frightens them the most, the obvious answer we will get is mathematics. Often referred to as Maths or simply Math, mathematics is one of the most challenging as well as interesting subjects. According to themath homework help experts, in the branch of science, math is a compulsory discipline that every college student must pursue. The students of math are often assigned practical tasks as their homework. This homework requires comprehensive effort from the students that test their knowledge, understanding and the ability to solve complex math’s problems. To provide professional assistance to these students, GetWriterHelp.com has brought dissertation writing help. This buy dissertation online is competent to provide assistance to the students who feel helpless with their math homework.
  •  07-18-2017, 3:43 AM 904575 in reply to 898589

Understudies like me needs to expound on our encounters. We can recount our stories in light of the encounters we had, it might be about our most loved pet or possibly about growing up. Also, once in a while on the off chance that we can't put our thoughts into composing, we look for the assistance of an online article supplier. As of now I'm into write my dissertation rating, and from their past customers' view, they appears genuine as an exposition supplier.
  •  07-21-2017, 7:44 AM 904624 in reply to 898589

This is the first time I have come across this teacher’s forum to discuss about various learning matters. I think this one is the best platform to share the opinion of teachers as well as parents over here. It’s always good to have a discussion like this. dm websolution
  •  07-24-2017, 3:29 AM 904656 in reply to 904624

Get good marks in exam even your field in any disciplines . If you are not expert to write you college assignment, you hire our expert writer team to complete you assignment on time or hire Accounting Assignment Help by experts.
  •  07-25-2017, 3:49 AM 904667 in reply to 898589

Studentsassignmenthelp.com is always first choice of students due to their high qualified expert writer by students can get help for assignment help Australia Writers at lowest cost with high grade.

•  08-08-2017, 6:15 AM 904854 in reply to 904667

Students Assignment Help offers the best assignment writing services to the students by the help of its expert assignment writers at an economical price. Our online assignment help writers are highest degree holder from top universities around the world and can accomplish any assignment writing. Therefore, hire our writers now, email us at info@studentsassignmenthelp.com

•  08-16-2017, 5:05 AM 904999 in reply to 898589

I really like reading it. It is very  informative and interesting , so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made it. Captain America Jacket

View as RSS news feed in XML