TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Circle Time for Pre-School

Last post 10-04-2016, 5:04 AM by Voss. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-04-2016, 5:04 AM 899952

Circle Time for Pre-School

CCircle Time Activities and Ideas for Preschoolers

Almost all early childhood child care and preschool programs have at least one circle time in their daily schedule. Your circle time should reflect the needs and interests of the children in your care. Take a look at the circle time ideas presented below for inspiration.

Most circle times have some common activities:

• Songs
    • Calendar
    • Weather
    • Stories
    • Other Language or Literacy Activities

Make sure you have a defined space that you use each day for circle time. Give each preschooler a specific spot to sit with enough space that they do not have to touch one another. Carpet squares work well for this.

Follow the same basic schedule each day for circle time. That way the children know what to expect as well as what is expected of them. This does not mean that you cannot vary activities; it just means that you are creating a routine for the preschoolers will follow. Choose activities that work for your class. Each group will be different, so you may have to adapt. Some children love singing songs while others would much rather listen to a story.

PPreschool Circle Time Sample Schedule

1. Hello Song
    2. Calendar
    3. Weather
    4. Story
    5. Game or Activity
    6. Song

SSongs for Preschoolers During Circle Time

1,2 You know what to do.
    3,4 Sit on the floor.
    5,6 Your feet you fix.
    7,8 Sit up straight.