TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Issue in a classroom

Last post 02-07-2018, 12:42 AM by alisha5050. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2008, 7:40 AM 90090

Issue in a classroom

I am an assistant teacher in a 3 year old classroom. They have just all moved up into our class so its still early in learning the ways of our room. There are a lot of children for a small area which makes things more difficult. There is one child that is very hyper active and makes faces at the teachers. I know this child is trying to get our attention because they do something and look at me to see if im watching. I know to ignore the little things like making noises and such as long as it is not affecting any of the other children. I was thinking of trying to spend some one on one time with the child and trying to get to know them more and note their special interest. This is going to be difficult with so many children but I will do what I can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  •  01-01-2010, 9:28 PM 326235 in reply to 90090

Re: Issue in a classroom

I teach three four and five year olds, but i also have another teacher in my classroom who teaches the three years olds. It is difficult when new ones come into the class room and and test their boundries. One on one time is a good idea i know how hard it is when you have a classroom full of kids but it can help. One on one time will help with the kids learning to respect you! Another suggestion would be to find something to do with the kids or in the lesson the captures their attention! Give them praise for paying attention. Distracting children can inturupt other kids in the classroom but finding something that captures all of their attention will help. 
  •  07-03-2011, 1:08 PM 507313 in reply to 90090

Not sure if it works for 3 year olds, but a great tip is for a teacher to single out the active student, and make them a helper. They pass out paper, supplies, help you set things up, etc. You keep them at your side and very busy.

Stephen C

Teacher tips, teaching resources, teaching articles.
  •  01-04-2018, 4:20 AM 906615 in reply to 90090

I agree with the advice of Stephen. I have read from the bestwritingservice that it is the best solution. If such students are given responsibilities they will learn quickly and change.
  •  01-08-2018, 10:51 AM 906685 in reply to 90090

The best approach is stern communication. You may even need to discuss it with the parents if it comes to it. Although talking about tantrums specifically, this is a good resource for handling kids behavioural issues: http://seriousparenting.com/toddlers/behavior-discipline/how-to-deal-with-tantrums/. I like to go by the three step process myself: 

1. Make your expectations clear - explain why they need to behave and make the consequences for not doing so clear. 
    2. Never bargain with them - this will only make things worse 
    3. Focus on your voice - make it clear, loud and stern, maintaining eye contact throughout 
  •  02-07-2018, 12:42 AM 907192 in reply to 906685

All the details are in this post is awesome and very interesting and i am glad to see this post. Bhiwadi Call Girl
View as RSS news feed in XML