TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Time-out???

Last post 07-26-2017, 5:45 AM by JosephDelima. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-10-2017, 3:10 AM 901978

Time-out???

Hi,
    We don't have detention in our schools. We can only send students to the principals office...but only for the tough to manage students.

1) I would like to implement time-out in my classes but am facing difficulties. I have 32 students in one class(6th and 9th grades).Each student has a separate desk and chair.The desks are grouped together in a set of 5 or 6 groups  (4-8 students in a group).
    As you see...the class is crowded and there is barley space between the desks. So  where should time-out be?
    *** I thought of this solution:
    To ask the student who needs time-out to take her chair and come to sit at the front of the class (without a desk...because it'll take too much time to move the desk )....and sit there until time-out is over.

Any suggestions? ?

2) Also, what do you do when a student keeps on talking while in time-out ??

Thank you
  •  07-26-2017, 5:45 AM 904700 in reply to 901978

Re: Time-out???

This is really good way to punish the students. According to the australian-writings writing services, most of the schools dentend the students for their misbehavior in the class room. These type of punishments will help them to control the students.
View as RSS news feed in XML