TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Use of Personal Teacher Cellphones

Last post 03-15-2017, 7:16 AM by JosephDelima. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-21-2017, 9:09 PM 902187

Use of Personal Teacher Cellphones

I'm curious about what the teacher cellphone policy is in other schools. We are made to use our personal cellphones in our classrooms. Our administrator uses Group Me to communicate with teachers throughout the day regarding anything and everything. During safety drills we're expected to grab our phones to text the administrator about students unaccounted for or any extra students we might have grabbed along the way (which I think this is not a bad thing). I find myself feeling like I've done something wrong when I miss news that was texted through the day because I was trying to teach or help my students! Are there any other schools out there that gets away with requiring teachers to use their personal phones for school business? 
  •  03-15-2017, 7:16 AM 902575 in reply to 902187

Re: Use of Personal Teacher Cellphones

Many schools are provding the cell phones for the teachers in the school timings. Some paperwriting companies have also appreciated those schools and their management. I think this is an amazing idea and hope the student get every important lesson in the best way.
View as RSS news feed in XML