TeacherLingo.com is an educational community where teachers share their worksheets, lesson plans, printables and other original teaching resources.

Teaching Resources created and sold by real teachers.

Login to TeacherLingo.com        Create Account on TeacherLingo.com
Visitors are welcome to view but to post you will need to register first. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Please remember to follow our Terms of Use.

Classroom Strategies for Motivation

Last post 03-31-2018, 7:33 AM by MartinNelson. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-19-2018, 9:19 PM 907430

Classroom Strategies for Motivation

Hello everyone,

I am currently working toward my doctoral degree in Educational Psychology. I currently work at an elementary school and have noticed that there are some students that don't have the intrinsic motivation (or internal drive) to learn, especially students with ADHD. I have also noticed that teachers at my school rely on extrinsic rewards (like stickers or iPad time) to help shape student behavior and get students engaged in their learning. The research I have found has shown that extrinsic rewards can hinder intrinsic motivation in students and intrinsic motivation declines as students grow older. Unfortunately, there is a lack of resources available to teachers on increasing motivation in elementary students.

I am seeking elementary teachers who would like to review a draft handbook I've written with research-based classroom strategies. The handbook will provide an overview on the motivation deficits within elementary level males with ADHD and some of the academic difficulties students with ADHD may be experiencing. The handbook will also provide teachers with strategies to promote intrinsic motivation for this population that is at-risk for decreased levels of intrinsic motivation and low academic achievement. Most importantly, while the focus of the handbook is to help students with ADHD, the strategies presented are applicable to all students. Your input and recommendations for revisions can help make this handbook more effective for future use.

If you are interested in reviewing the handbook and answering an anonymous online survey to provide your feedback, please email me directly at ivu@alliant.edu

Thank you!
    Isabel Vu
  •  03-13-2018, 6:56 AM 907785 in reply to 907430

Educational post

O wao good to know this.Your subject Educational Psychology is very much interesting.I am currently doing job online for what are the best essay writing services.Its good one.
  •  03-31-2018, 7:17 AM 907947 in reply to 907430

Re: Classroom Strategies for Motivation

When I was in college, I was hunting down an answer which required some serious energy yet in the long run I found the best most likely arrangement which was to employ an expert organization giving scholastic composition administrations. I have been employing them for my scholastic works and they give me the quality work inside a said due date and sensible rates.

essay writing help
  •  03-31-2018, 7:33 AM 907949 in reply to 907430

Re: Classroom Strategies for Motivation

This is the responsibility of the management to help the general populace those are occupied for education. I think professional essay writer in UK or other country of world are likewise attempting to give article composing help to understudies. Exposition composing is device that encourages understudies to create new thoughts and considerations.

custom assignment writing UK
View as RSS news feed in XML